Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where have I been?

In the hospital, of course! See, a funny thing happened on my way to an orgasm-- I developed a crippling case of vertigo, resulting in extreme nausea and vomiting. Last Tuesday I had to go to the emergency room because things were just that bad. In the ER they hypothesized that I had had a mini-stroke or a TIA. I had a CT scan that night, that was clear.

Wednesday and Thursday were two typical days in the hospital-- with the exception of having a crazy cocaine-addle roommate who was talking to herself all night about people coming into her room, touching her and leaving stray hairs between her legs *yikes*

Friday they did a MRI, which came back negative for stroke, and I was released Friday evening. I ended up having conventional dialysis twice in the hospital. I can't help but wonder if I would feel a little better now if I had had two long dialysis sessions, instead of the 7 hours I got in the hospital.

I'm going to be recuperating at home in Berkeley for the next several days, and hope things will improve enough for me to drive myself back home to Monterey Bay. This isn 't quite what I had in mind for an extended vacation!

Subdued and dizzy...

Treasure/Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from warm sunny jamaica. I have recentyl started blogging about kidney disease and dialysis. I am a physician a nephrologist working in Jamaica. My site is about Kidney News. Really focused on research articles that i think are important enought to translate into language normal human beings can understand without 12 years of medschool and two degrees..So that they can make their own choices the link is below if you like the site please give me a link

    thanks.

    Kidney news and dialysis info here the name of the site is allkidney news. I started out on blogger but have since migrated to wordpress in less then a month.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for taking the time to comment. I wanna know what you're thinking since you've taken the time to find out what's in my pea brain.